Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Digital Age


Last christmas, my husband bought me a Walcom bamboo Fun drawing tablet. I really haven't had a lot of time to fool around and figure it out. It comes with Adobe photoshop elements and Corel painter essentials.

Its fun to play with photos and change colors. I would love to learn how to "paint" a corgi from scratch and have it actually look decent. I will just keep playing around to try to get the hang of it.

I think it is a wonderful tool to change colors in existing photos, designs or artwork. I think I may try to change some background colors on some of my corgi designs. That would be useful.

The corgi photo above was one I took at a local dog show. In photoshop I erased the background and put a colored one in. I learned how to do transparent backgrounds also. Just doing that was exciting!

I tried to fool around with Corel painter. It looks like a cool program, but man, they get technical, and I get lost. I guess the more I play the more I will learn.

Digital art is whole other world. It has no limits. It's fun and I wish to learn how to create awesome work, especially to put in my CafePress stores. I guess practice makes perfect...I have a whole lot of practicing to do.

No comments: