Friday, October 20, 2006

Keratoconus an eye disease

I thought since this is my blog, I feel like writing about an eye disease I have. I was diagnosed in my twenties with Keratoconus in both eyes. This is a disease that affects the shape of the cornea. My vision has slowly degraded as I have gotten older. I have severe vision loss in my left eye (20/800) and reduced vision in my right. I have been fitted with special contacts, made with a special material and prescribed for my eyes. I can't believe the difference this has made, and I don't know how I painted so long, without being able to see clearly. I just want to bring attention to this eye disease as It is not very well known. I have a link to the National Keratoconus Foundation site for more information. New modern procedures can make a world of difference for the vision impaired. Now back to painting!

No comments: